Monday, October 13, 2008

Grandpa's New Old Car

We recently spent some time in UT hanging out with family and relaxing. My kids love their grandparents so much and they are so lucky to have such awesome grandparents. Thanks to both my parents and Neldon's parents for letting us mooch off you and trash your houses! We had a great time!

Anyway, Neldon's dad has had an ongoing project for as long as I have known him-I think it has been a project for a very long time. He has been working on restoring a 1936 (I think) Packard that he has had since high school to its original glory. It is a beautiful car! While we were hanging out with Grandpa Barrowes, he thought the kids would like a ride. The coolest thing about this car is that it has a rumble seat. Bekah and Rhett thought that it was pretty cool that Grandpa's car had a seat in the trunk. Ha Ha! So, he took them for a couple of rides around the block. He mention that they were the first kids to ride in the seat in about 30 years. Here are some pics!

4 comments:

ShaLayne said...

What a neat car!! Looks like the kids had a great time.

Jedd and Kathi Bodily said...

Jenny,
Thanks for finding me, it was really nice to hear from an old friend.(I'm not saying your old) So it looks like you are in Vegas and I am in Southern Utah, I guess St. Anthony needs to work on retention. Cute family. Love the blog.
Jedd B

Sanders Clan said...

Jenny,
I saw your comment on Tanalyn's blog! I haven't seen you in so long! This blogging thing is great. You have a cute family and sounds like things are going good for you. Check out mine at johnandvickisanders.blogspot. Maybe we can stay in touch :) Take care.
Vicki

Tanalyn said...

Glad that you found me, gotta love the blog stalking..(everyone does it, even if they say they don't!)
I will send you an invite.You've got a great looken' family and I would have to agree with Jedd's comment on the retention in St. Agony, I mean Anthony.They need to work on it.