Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Microwave

The kids were asleep, Neldon was at work, and the house was all mine to enjoy some peace and quiet. I thought to myself, "Mmm, hot chocolate sure sounds good." So I go to my trusty microwave to heat some water and it sparked and died. What???!!!! I have to heat water on the stove??!! Who can live without a microwave?! This was a little sad because we have had the microwave for almost 12 years. It was the first thing we bought with our wedding money. Like I said, who can live without a microwave?! So the next day, I took the measurements and loaded up the boys and we went to Lowe's. I found a microwave, bought it and went home to plug it in. I hadn't paid attention to the depth of the cabinet. The microwave I bought was too deep to fit in the cut out in our cabinets. So I had to take it back. I looked at several stores and online and all of the microwaves were too big. Except for the little ones that look like they belong in a toy kitchen for little kids. Anyway, we decided to go for the over the range version instead. Neldon did a great job installing it and now I can enjoy my microwaved hot water again.

No comments: