Monday, May 26, 2008

Blame it on Indiana Jones


Last Friday, Neldon and I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. We decided to go see the matinee and save a few $$. We took Austin with us and Rhett went to the neighbors' house (we swap kids alot to make it easier to get things done (errands, grocery shopping, appts, etc.)) Just as I was walking out of the theater, I got a text. I opened it up and the caption said "CRAP!" This is what I saw.....




I busted up laughing! I called her back and this is what she said. "I left to go pick the girls (her daughter and Bekah) up from school and I left the boys (Rhett and her 2 little boys) home with Daisy (her 12 year old daughter). When I got back home, Rhett was crying and had a chunk of hair gone. He had found the clippers and said he needed a haircut." As a side note, the neighbor gives her boys frequent haircuts and she usually throws Rhett into the lineup. So, he knew what they were for. "Daisy said that by the time she got to him, the damage was already done." So, I borrowed her clippers to finish the job. It was all the way to the scalp so all we could do was buzz it completely. Here is the finished product....



And while we were at it, Austin needed a haircut too. He was getting a little shaggy around the ears so we took the #2 and buzzed him also. He was less than thrilled about it. Our neighbors probably wondered what was going on in our back yard with the kids screaming so much. So, now we have 2 little baldies. I can't believe how different Austin looks.





3 comments:

The Small Bevell Bunch said...

HOW CUTE!!! Funny story at least he is a boy and its summer so you can justify it :) I miss your boys we need to get together!!

Lori said...

I think the little cue balls look great. They wanna "be like mike".

Ripley Family said...

LOL!!! Jenny I laughed so hard when I saw this! It reminded me of Zoe when she cut her hair too! I have pictures posted on my blog in April I think if you wanna take a gander! Rhett keeps us laughing ALL the time! Your kids are so cute! Thanks for tracking me down, I always wonder who has blogs, but never know how to find them!!!